DURATION ON SITE
Design & Build
Conversion of a detached office block into student accommodation creating 159 student rooms including a Gym, communal lounge areas, breakout zones and external upgrades including landscaping and cladding alterations. Aztec were appointed on a D&B contract which entailed design, specification and delivery. The client required a fast track programme to be implemented to enable students to occupy the rooms in time for the new term.
Description of project
- Full M&E design, specification and implementation
- Complete building Fit out and refurbishment (internal and part external)
- Full FF&E package
- Decorations and flooring
- Civil engineering and external builders works
- External Cladding refurbishment
- External Landscaping
Why Aztec were selected:
- Proven Experience
- Able to offer best value
- Ability to react to a fast track programme
- Able to offer a complete package from front to back.
- Quality workmanship, professional approach and friendly communication.
On completion of the project the client was delighted the project had come in ahead of time, to an excellent standard and on budget. The Aztec teams worked tirelessly in order to achieve such a tight deadline including weekends and evenings but on completion the client congratulated us on a job well done.
Added Value on the project:
- Working closely with our M&E contractor we managed to design a system which reduced running costs of the building.
- We also looked after every element directly resulting in no third party costs saving the client a considerable amount of money.
What worked well and why:
- Having a good team and proven supply chain was paramount to the successful delivery of this project. By working closely with everyone we ensured the project was finished to an exceptional standard of quality and within very tight timescales.
- The project was run strictly in-line with our ISO14001 accreditation for environmental issues.